There is one thing that i keep telling all who like to know more about tea, there is never an estimation or an andaaza or never a guess on how to make / infuse / brew tea. There is a certain process, methodology, a certain process that is required to be followed to give you that perfect cup of tea each time you make as many number of times you want.
If you want to have a perfect cup each and every time, stay close to measurement, time and patience.
- Always heat the water, never boil the water. https://anandinihimalayatea.com/blogs/tea-whisperer/92479873-temperature-of-the-water
- Remember the ratio of the quantity of water to tea is 1:1.
- Heat the water. Add it to the tea pot. Swirl it around and remove. Now add the measured quantity of water. For e.g if making for two people, add 250ml of water (1 mug) until the bubbles come to the side of the pan. Remove from the burner. If using kettle, set the temperature to 90 degree centigrade.
- Add 1 level teaspoon of the tea leaves to the tea pot that has already been warmed.
- Pour the heated water over it.
- Cover with a tea cosy.
- Infuse for the number of minutes recommended on the caddy / tin / pouch
- Sip delight curling your fingers around the mug and soak into the memories.