We, the Singh family are pleased to share with you our story. Story of Tea, Manjhee Valley estate and generations of tea planters.
The estate Manjhee Valley came into our lives in the early 2000's prior to which we were associated with tea estates in Darjeeling and Bengal plains. Dhauladhar mountains called to us, and we came to Dharamshala ( the seat of the H.H The Dalai Lama), in the Kangra Valley. And we could never let it go.
A family visit must include tea and so our sojourn with Kangra Himachal Tea began in 2003.
The history of tea in the Kangra valley is over 160 years old. When the first tea plantation in India was being initiated in early 1850's. And the Manjhee Valley tea estate natures the tea plants planted during the 1880's.
The estate is made up of pure Chinese bushes and Chinese hybrid bushes. Which gives it a delicate floral flavor. Unique and different from the famous "Darjeeling Tea". But very similar in texture and feel.
With just above 250 acres of plantation we are happy to produce the exquisite Manjhee Valley First Flush ( SFTGFOP1). And unique hand rolled Flowery Green and Needle Tea. Highly appreciated by our clients in the international markets.
Our family has 3 active members who are currently a part of Manjhee Valley Estate. Mr. Abhai Singh, a renowned tea planter with over 60 years of plantation history. Famously known as the man who changed how Darjeeling made their First Flush Teas. Known as the Singh Sahib way of making tea. ( Light and Bright).
Mr. Kunal Singh and Ms. Anamika Singh, both with over 25 years of experience in tea. Who are pioneers in the retail pure flavored market with the brand " Anandini Himalaya Tea". A sub brand of Manjhee Valley.
To become the leader in creating and selling high quality specialty teas. Striving towards creating a strong relationship with satisfied consumers.
To become synonymous with a Good cup of Tea.
Our Core Beliefs
- We believe in keeping our products exciting; in delighting our customers and consumers
- We believe in creating top quality products with 100% natural ingredients that are healthy and great tasting
- We believe in providing superior customer service
- We believe in pursuing profitable growth
- We believe in fostering team spirit and building an environment which is a rewarding and enjoyable place to work
- We believe in high ethical standards, integrity and fairness in all our dealings with suppliers, customers, and employees
- We believe in hiring people with a commitment to excellence
- We believe in work/life balance